Pumpout services are available at Kon Tiki and at the gas docks at Lefroy.
To keep all systems flowing smoothly this boating season, please keep the following tips in mind:
- Use recommended toilet bowl cleaners (harsh cleaners break down seals in your plumbing and cause leaks).
- Use marine rapid-dissolving toilet paper.
- Avoid products such as papertowels, feminine products, and Q-tips, that aren't easily broken down by toilet chemicals and clog pumping systems.
- Use recommended chemicals in your waste tank to prevent odours and aid in the breakdown of solid waste and toilet paper (reducing everything to a liquid speeds up the pumpout process, reduces heavy sludge from hardening in your waste tank, and prevents future plumbing problems).
- Keep your waste tank below ¾ capacity.
- Flush your tank after pumpout to remove sludge from the bottom of the tank.